WITH A GRANT FOR AMBITIOUS WOMEN
Female Founder Collective is honored to announce a powerful new grant opportunity, created to help elevate ambitious women ‘on the rise’. This grant opportunity will be awarded to the winning pitch. Apply by August 22nd to participate in our live virtual Pitch Event for the opportunity to receive this coveted $20,000 grant
ABOUT THE GRANT
Women can apply for the chance to pitch their own business initiative live to Rebecca Minkoff, Co-founder of Female Founder Collective, Aruna Ravichardran, CMO and SVP of Webex by Cisco, and a room full of top-tier VC investors on September 21, 2022. During The Pitch event, one finalist will be selected to receive a $20,000 grant from the Female Founder Collective provided by Webex. In tandem with this grant pitch event, Female Founder Collective and Webex are supporting women through the launch of The North, a debut mentorship platform where the most influential women in business are on speed dial.
ABOUT THE PITCH EVENT
Whether you’re about to head into your first round of funding or haven’t achieved your funding goal yet, our pitch event is here to help. Seven female founders will be hand-selected to participate in the Pitch Event based on their application submitted by August 22, 2022.
During the event, you will:
- ACCESS PITCH PERFECT RESOURCES: Before the event, you will get access to pitch training session resources including prep materials, a slide deck template, a judging sheet, and a pitch prep session. That way, you walk into the event with your head held high!
- RECEIVE INTIMATE FEEDBACK: After your 3-minute pitch, get top-tier support from vetted experts who are on your side of the table. That way, after your pitch, you’ll get dedicated feedback from a venture capitalists and industry experts.
- ACHIEVE RESULTS THAT MAKE THE DIFFERENCE: We created this event with you in mind. You will leave with exact steps on how to improve your pitch to catch your ideal investor from people who know them best.
- OPPORTUNITY TO RECEIVE A GRANT: Finalists of the pitch event will have the opportunity to receive a $20,000 grant from the Female Founder Collective provided by Webex.
Both FFC and Webex believe in a future where women’s success is proportionate to their counterparts, but we shouldn’t need a reason behind why the world should invest in women. But, we do want to highlight the importance: Last year, female founders in the U.S secured a mere two percent of venture funds. That leaves 98% on the table. And, in a world where women's values are constantly coming into question by its leaders — we have a responsibility to ensure we’re doing everything we can, to push women to the top.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR THE PITCH EVENT?
• Event limited to startup businesses with annual revenue of $100K or more. Proof of financials from the previous fiscal year required.
• Applicant must have been in business and operating for at least one pre-pandemic year
• Applicant business may be service or product based
• Applicant must own at least 51% of the business
• Applicant business must be located and operating within the US
• Applicant must be 18 years of age or older
• The recipient of the grant prize will be responsible for the tax implications of the winnings. FFC Foundation payments may be considered by the Internal Revenue Service as ordinary income to the individual receiving the grant but please discuss with your tax advisor
• The winner will be announced on September 21, 2022 between 1-3 PM EST during the pitch event via private event link
•The recipient of the prize will be responsible for the tax implications of the winnings. FFC Foundation payments may be considered by the Internal Revenue Service as ordinary income to the individual receiving the grant but please discuss with your tax advisors.
In addition to grant eligibility, women who enter will also be offered the opportunity to join our newest initiative, The 10th House. Built to surround women with a community dedicated to their growth, The 10th House will offer immediate access to the support, resources, connections and aid all successful women in business need to rise (regardless of rank).
Launching in Fall 2022 with limited spots available, the North is the first platform that puts the most influential women in business on speed dial for 1:1 mentorship sessions. Together, Cisco and FFC aim to power an inclusive society where women win. Webex by Cisco is supporting female founded small businesses through mentorship opportunities, funding and technology.